Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mammograms and Motivational Mornings

Good morning blogging world! It's currently around 9:00 am and I'm getting ready for work! But before I do, I feel like it's necessary to blog! And it's very important that I start this blog off on a positive note and end it on one!


I found this quote on Pinterest yesterday while I was browsing through my feed. I couldn't seem to get this quote out of my head! It's definitely something I can relate to. There's has been countless occasions where I've been indecisive about what I should or shouldn't do; I wonder what the outcome will be and if the risk is worth the reward. This particular debate I have with myself is usually strenuous, lengthy and tiring. Normally, I get frustrated with my lack of judgement and ability to make a quick decision; however, once I saw this quote the opinion I had of my "dissatisfing" trait completely changed. See, I may not be producing the greatest idea in the quickest way possible, but, I'm producing a better and newer idea than I did yesterday. I mean, really, I should be lucky I have an idea at all! And that's what life is really all about, right? Growth.. And shaping yourself into the person you want to be, whether it takes you ten years or ten minutes. Take as much time as you need with your life and accept your indecisiveness as a good quality rather than a bad one!


On an entirely different note, I felt as though this blog should have a very inspiring beginning and end because I have some "not so fun" news to share. In July of last year I decided to undergo surgery for a Brest Reduction. I will talk more about before, after and during, the surgery in a different post because for right now I would like to focus on the present instead of the past! Yesterday, I had to go get a mammogram because one of my breasts have been swelling randomly and extremely sore for a long period of time. The reason I'm letting the entire world know about this is because I was terrified to get a mammogram. And I did one of the worst possible things which was google "what does it feel like to get a mammogram?" Before I knew it I was reading stories about how painful it was from women all over the world. My palms got more and more sweaty with every link I clicked on and I could feel my anxiety skyrocket through the roof. So, I'm here to put all of that nonsense to rest because that's exactly what it is, nonsense. I wish I had never gotten myself so nervous for something that I barley felt (even though my left breast was extremely sore)! 




The picture above is EXACTLY what the mammogram machine looks like. And that orange thing is in place of where your breast would be. I can see as how this would look painful but it's not! You stand up and the woman or male doctor will tighten the upper clear part to your breast until the tightness becomes uncomfortable for you. The process is no longer than 35 seconds and I would take being uncomfortable for 35 seconds over being in pain for weeks! The machine takes a few pictures of the breast in the position above, then the machine turns on a slant to get the right-to-left picture of the breast instead of the up-to-down. The entire process probably took about 5 minutes. I don't know how women complain.. This machine saves lives and I'm so happy I did it!

After my mammogram, I got an ultrasound of my breast and I will be finding out the results today! Im really hoping for the best and I will be sure to keep everyone posted! It took me a whole month to actually build the courage to get the mammogram and now I'm just ready to move forward! Because, after all, "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward." -Abraham Lincoln

If you have questions about the mammogram, ultra sound or anything else.. Please comment below! 

No comments: