Saturday, July 27, 2013

"Still Into" Hayley Williams' funky fun outfit!

Have you seen the video for "Still Into You" by Paramore? If not you're not only missing out on a great song but an extremely daring outfit as well! The lead singer, Hayley Williams, pulls off one of the best outfits I've ever seen in a video; it's [the video] is fun and eccentric which definitely suits Hayley. Whenever the song comes on in my car I can't help but dance and formally embarrass myself in public; but the song is so catchy that the embarrassment is definitely something I can live with!


Here's the video:


I know, I know.. you can thank me later. It's great right!? So hard to contain those dance moves you've been dying to bust out. Since her unique outfit isn't the only thing that stands out to me, I'm also going to post the lyrics to the song!

"Still Into You"

Can't count the years on one hand
that we've been together
I need the other one to hold you
Make you feel, make you feel better

It's not a walk in the park
to love each other
But when our fingers interlock,
Can't deny, can't deny you're worth it
'Cause after all this time, I'm still into you

I should be over all the butterflies
But I'm into you (I'm into you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)

Let 'em wonder how we got this far
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah after all this time I'm still into you

Recount the night that
I first met your mother
And on the drive back to my house
I told you that, I told you that I loved ya

You felt the weight of the world
fall off your shoulder
And to your favorite song
we sang along to the start of forever
And after all this time, I'm still into you

I should be over all the butterflies
But I'm into you (I'm into you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)
Let 'em wonder how we got this far
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah after all this time I'm still into you

Some things just, some things just make sense
and one of those is you and I (Hey)
Some things just, some things just make sense
and even after all this time (Hey)

I'm into you, baby not a day goes by
that I'm not into you

I should be over all the butterflies
But I'm into you (I'm into you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)
Let 'em wonder how we got this far

'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah after all this time
I'm still into you
I'm still into you
I'm still into you
  
So catchy! My favorite part definitely has to be the line "Let 'em wonder how we got this far 'cause I don't really need to wonder at all." It's such a clever line and definitely one I can relate to. I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years and I still have the same feelings for him that I did the first day we met!

Here's a picture of Cody and I at my senior prom: 

Well, enough mushy love stuff and onto the topic I am MOST excited to write about: HAYLEY'S OUTFIT! I have been drooling over it, literally, since I first saw the video.


PERFECTION! From head to toe, perfection. It's very rare that someone could pull off a look like this, but she does effortlessly. If you're dying to know where each piece of clothing she is wearing is from, you're in luck because I did some research and found it all online! 

1) Topshop Dweeb Crop Top ($20.00),
2) Topshop Wide Hinge Detail Belt *SOLD OUT* ($40.00)
3) URB Neon Yellow Melting Tights ($65.00)
4) Dr Martens White 1460 Boots ($120.00).
5) Rose Pink Latex Swing Dress from Syren Latex ($243.00).
6) Unif Pastel Moto Jacket, available at Dollskill.com ($170.00)

In total this outfit comes to$658.00! Which is something a rock star could totally afford, however, that is definitely not realistic for someone with a budget! Which is why I'm going to give you some alternatives that are very similar but less expensive.





Let's start with graphic tees! 



Both of the graphic tees above are from dELiA's! The black Geek tee is $19.90 and the Nerd cropped top is $19.50, such a steal! They're also having a GREAT buy one get one 50% off sale on all graphic tees; take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts!

As for the dress Hayley is wearing in the video.. 

The cheapest dress that I could find, that looked similar to the one in the video, was from American Apparel. It's the Nylon Tricot Figure Skater Dress in the color Coral Ice and it's $48.00. Definitely a better fit for someone shopping on a budget!

You could also acquire the look of the dress in the video with a skirt! I picked out some similar skirts that would work great with the look from Urban Outfitters online sale section. They have GREAT deals on there!


 

The skirt names and prices in order:
1) Sparkle & Fade Embossed Scuba Pleated Skirt in white, originally $49.00 on sale for $29.99!
2) Pins And Needles Baby Pleat Mesh Skirt in pink, originally $44.00 now only $19.99! I have this skirt and it is SUPER comfortable and versatile! You could wear it with almost anything!
3) Sparkle & Fade Neoprene Circle Skirt in hot pink, originally $39.00 now $14.99!

Here's a link to the sale section on Urban Outfitter's website: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/category.jsp?id=SALE

The belt is an easy one! You could find a chunky black belt almost anywhere. Listed below are some inexpensive ones that caught my eye.
The first belt is the "Basic Waist Belt" from Wet Seal, it's available on their online store for only $8.50. And the second belt is the Merona® Sporty Cinch Belt from Target and it is $13.59!

Moving on to the fabulous tights that she wears! The paint drips are absolutely genius and something that no one could fully replicate, however, I found a similar pair for a great price!




The paint splattered leggins listed above are from Wet Seal and they're on sale for $5.00!! Also, they're having a sale on their leggings: buy one get one 50% off! Wet Seal is full of bargains!

In the music video Hayley is wearing a beautiful white pair of Dr. Marten's. I, myself, have around four pairs of Doc's and they are one of the best things I've ever invested my money in, which is why I'm going to try to convince you on why you should purchase a pair of Doc Marten's!

1) Because they're timeless, and will NEVER go out of style.
2) Each pair is different, funky, and unique .. just like you!
3) They have over 40 different styles and colors, which could suit anyone's taste.
4) They last FOREVER! Literally, I know a girl who still has hers from the 80's.

What I'm trying to get at here is Doc's are worth the splurge. They may seem pricey, but if you think about it, you get your moneys worth! I'm going to list a few pairs of Doc's below that I think fit perfectly with the "Still Into You" music video.

Style and price in order:

The Dr. Martin brand doesn't only make boots, they have other types of shoes as well. I definitely recommend checking out the Dr. Marten website and finding the perfect shoes for your style!

As for Hayley's pastel Unif jacket, you could search the world if you wanted to but, that jacket is a one of a kind; and I can't help but obsess over it.

Once again, as listed above, you could find this distinctive jacket on Doll's Kill website along with other very very funky articles of clothing!


 

Hopefully, after reading this post, you can understand why I've been obsessing! I hope you enjoyed reading today's blog post and I hope this post saved you some money on your future purchases! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe and comment :-) Have a great weekend!




What do you think of the song, music video, lyrics and Hayley's outfit? Are you thinking about buying any items listed above? Comment to share!

No comments: