Monday, July 29, 2013

Make Your Monday Matter!

Monday is one of the most dreaded days of the week. Monday means the end of a relaxing and stress less weekend and the beginning of the hectic work week. For most people, waking up Monday morning is a task in itself; especially after sleeping in on the weekends. I figured I'd dedicate this blog post to inspirational quotes that will help you drag yourself out of bed on this beautiful Monday morning!!


Keep repeating this on your dreaded Monday morning, positivity is the key!


Take chances! You never know what great things can come out of it.


Luckily this Monday morning is one I've been looking forward to for weeks! Cody and I finally have off of work on the same day (which rarely happens). We "took a chance" and decided to do something we've never done before. We're on our way to Delaware for some fun adventures, shopping (because there's no sales tax) and good food! I'm really excited

Here's some pictures of my outfit for today!




I am a huge fan of baggy dresses! They're sooo comfortable and versatile. You can wear them with or without a belt and they're casual. I chose to not go with a belt because I was in love with the hot coral color of the dress and didn't want to alter the appearance in any way. I chose to pair it with a funky patterned scarf and black strappy sandals for a laid back look. The black sandals really brings out the black detail in the scarf and there's also some light blue in the scarf which is why I chose the blue spiked bracelet to wear with the dress.

Here's where I got the items above from:
1) coral dress $12.99 from H&M
2) funky patterned scarf $8.99 from H&M
3) black strappy sandals *ON SALE* originally $25.99 but they were marked down to $10.00.
4) the blue spiked bracelet *ON SALE* originally $8.00 but was marked down to $4.00.
5) the rose gold Michael Kors watch $275.00 

The sandals were extremely uncomfortable and I ended up switching them out for another pair I had with me! In total my outfit came to $36.00 minus the Michael Kors watch which was a Christmas gift. I love my MK watch and it matches with practically EVERYTHING. I would definitely recommend investing money into a nice with, it's worth it! The entire summer outfit for under $40.00 was definitely a steal! 

I also got my nails done yesterday and I am obsessing over the color!! 


It's called "Lapis of Luxury" by Essie

Here's what it looks like in the bottle:


It's a really pretty periwinkle color and I've gotten a bunch of compliments on it! Essie is one of my favorite nail polish brands, they have the best colors and the nail polish is really easy to apply.

Well, I am currently on the Cape May Ferry on my way to Delaware with Cody (in the outfit pictured above); and I can't wait for tomorrow's blog so I can write about the fun and exciting new things I did today! I guess Mondays aren't so bad after all :)


Links to the places/products I've mentioned above:

H&Mhttp://www.hm.com/us/
Cape May Ferryhttp://www.capemaylewesferry.com/
Essiehttp://www.essie.com/
Michael Korshttp://www.michaelkors.com/
Joyce Lesliehttp://m.joyceleslie.com/

I also found the inspirational quotes on weheartit.com !



What are some nail polish colors you love? Have you ever been to Delaware? If so.. What did you do there?!

No comments: