Friday, August 16, 2013

FRI"DIY" - Tassel Necklaces (On A Budget)

Hello and happy Friday! I always get really excited for Fridays, not only because it's the weekend, but because it means I get to try out a new DIY! This weeks DIY is one of my favorites. I've been dying for a tassel necklace for fall! They're adorable and match with mostly everything. They're definitely funky, new and something I'm willing to try out!

If you haven't seen tassel necklaces yet, here are some I found online at Anthropologie:

Anthropologie "Neon Plume Necklace" - $38.00

Anthropologie "Tassel Plume Necklace" - $38.00

Anthropologie's website has a bunch of tassel necklaces and they range in price from $38-500+.

I loved their tassel necklaces so much that I decided I wanted to make my own.. On a budget! I got all of my products from AC Moore and it was one of the most simple DIY's I've done! Let's get started on your trendy tassel necklace.


The cost of this DIY is completely up to you and how many necklaces you want to make. I knew I would want to make more than one so I picked up a few extra items.



Tassels - $1.99 ea.

Jars of beads - $2.99 ea.

Beading wire - $3.99 ea.

Mini Diagonal Cutter - $2.99 ea.






Step 1: Pull the wire out of your Beading Wire roll and accommodate the length in which you would like your necklace. 


Step 2: use your wire cutters to cut the bead wire.


Step 3: twist the end of one side of the wire (as shown above) to ensure the beads don't fall off once you start beading.


Step 4: take your tassel and tie a knot in the middle of it. This part is a little difficult and it's optional. The knot prevents the tassel from sliding and it keeps it in place; if you would like your tassel to move around a knot isn't required.


Step 5: start beading with the beads of your choice! 


And continue beading!


Step 6: if you're tying a knot to keep it in place, place your tassel in the middle of the necklace between the beads of your choice. 


Step 7: tie a knot with each ends, like the one above, and make sure you pull it tight! Once you're finished, cut the ends with your wire cutter.


And violã! All done! I LOVED the look of the hunter green tassel with the mixed beads. 

I also made another beaded tassel necklace, with a white tassel, and this time I didn't knot the tassel and just let it slide! 


I LOVED the way they came out! Each necklace cost me less than $15.00; such a steal! I'm wearing mine tonight to work! Thank you for checking out today's blog post, I hope you enjoyed and I look forward to writing for you tomorrow!




What do you think of Tassel Necklaces?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



No comments: