Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Benefits of Failure

Good afternoon! So, yet another week that I will not get to post a video blog because the internet connection in my house has been down for TWO weeks now; which is extremely disappointing. I am currently sitting at a coffee shop near my house just so I can upload this blog post. If you can't tell, I'm pretty upset that I haven't posted a video yet, I put an immense amount of my time and effort into this blog. Whenever I get a free moment, I'm either writing up a draft on my phone or jotting down potential blog post ideas for the future. I'm not complaining at all because I choose to write and it's something I love to do, its just frustrating that something as small as an internet connection is standing in the way of me upgrading the stature of my blog with videos; but enough sad talk! I have a great, absolutely remarkable, video that I would like to share with you today. It tops ANY video that I could ever post.

Anyone who knows me, knows I admire J.K. Rowling more than just about anyone else on this earth. (And I am also undeniably obsessed with the Harry Potter novels) This video is J.K. Rowling giving a speech at Harvard college's 2008 graduation ceremony.



It's twenty minutes long but it is worth every single second of your time.. 


"You might never fail on the scale I did, but some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” 
-  J.K. Rowling 

No comments: