Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fall's Hottest Trend: Baroque (On A Budget)

Good morning! It's Wednesday, already, which means Friday is just around the corner! I had such a hard time sleeping last night, so, I decided I would do some online shopping and came across a new trend that I'm loving: Baroque.


Baroque is taking the fall runways by storm. Baroque patterns on pieces of clothing actually originated from pieces of art. The [Baroque] style of art was described as an exaggerated motion and clear, easily interpreted detail to produce drama and tension. The main goal of Baroque is for the observer to easily notice the bold Baroque pattern; they want the arrangement to stand out. A lot of celebrities are taking part in the Baroque trend, too!


Although Baroque doesn't particularly have to ONLY be printed in black and gold, see how prominent the gold pattern is on Selena Gomez's dress? It's the first thing your eyes get drawn to. The neutral black color on the base of the dress allows the gold Baroque pattern to really pop! It's such a classy and elegant look! The pattern is so interesting; it makes you want to examine the whole dress and see if the pattern gets more interesting than it already is.

Here are some other celebs rocking Baroque:


Lea Seydoux wore a white Baroque dress with blue embroidery.


Zoe Saldana, on the cover of Harper's Bazzar, in a black and gold Baroque romper


Hayden Panettiere in a pair of Baroque Joe's Jeans




Kristin Stewart in a black, illusion and sequin Baroque romper


Proof that Baroque doesn't always have to be black! Emma Stone pulls off this Baroque patterned dress flawlessly


If you're starting to love this trend and want to stock up on some Baroque patterned items before fall, I found some great and inexpensive items that you'll love!

Forever 21 "Baroque Print Peplum Skirt" - $11.80

Forever 21 "Baroque Print Peplum Top" - $12.80

Forever 21 "Baroque Printed Layer Dress" - $24.80

Forever 21 "Baroque Muscle Tee" - $13.80

Joyce Leslie "Baroque-n Dreams Embellished Skirt" - $17.99



I definitely plan on wearing a lot of Baroque this fall and I hope that everyone intends on joining in on this new trend!



Yesterday I was very very happy to get a recommendation for a future blog post! An anonymous user asked if I could write a post on advise for college freshman as well as what they should bring to school. I would love to do a blog on that! Thank you to whoever came up with the idea, it's great! Stay posted and I'll be sure to write up a post answering ALL the questions that I had as an incoming freshman. I really appreciate the recommendation and if there's anything anyone would like for me to post about comment below to share and I will do my best to answer! I hope everyone gets the opportunity to go outside and enjoy today's beautiful weather! Thank you for reading today's blog post and I look forward to chatting with you tomorrow!

 

PS - don't forget.. Sunday is going to be my first ever video blog and I have a really great surprise for everyone! Can't wait for you all to watch and enjoy!

No comments: