Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday = Manicures!

It's Monday, again, and the beginning of another work week! Some people despise Monday, which I can totally understand, since it means the end of the lovely weekend and the beginning of a very long work week. One way to get over the Monday funk is to do something you enjoy after work on Monday; preferably something relaxing. If you give yourself a chance to relax and enjoy yourself you'll be ready for whatever the work week has to offer to you! One thing I love doing on Mondays is getting a manicure and pedicure! It prepares me for the long week ahead. I haven't gotten a manicure this Monday and, unfortunately, I don't intend to.. But I started looking for some cute nail art and nail colors that I may pursue for next Monday!


I love a good glitter ombré! The bold colors at the top attracts your eye to the nail then slowly fades to a gorgeous natural looking color.


This is definitely one of my top three favorites! I've been obsessing over the black and neon trend lately; especially when it comes to accessories such as your nails. Totally adorable idea for summer! 

 

If you want to keep it simple but add a little "pop" to your nail this is definitely the manicure for you! The vintage looking pink color gives off a classy and chic feel while the gold clump at the base of your nail is the perfect addition to ensure the nails aren't bland and boring.


This reverse French manicure is a new and fresh take on an old idea. I am loving the matte blue color paired with the sparkling gold base. This is a look I'd love to try for fall!



This is one of the more interesting manicures of the bunch! If you have a bold personality and would love for your nails to match, this is the look for you! 


The color blocking scheme on the nails above have me obsessing over the trend.  You could go with pastel colors or add some darks in there to really set the colors apart. Color blocking leaves you room to put your personality into the colors and designs.


Pretty pastels are the perfect transition from summer to fall. You could even get a different pastel color on each nail and spice it up a bit!!

A typical manicure and pedicure combo normally costs about $25 dollars without tip. Remember to ALWAYS tip, no matter where you go, because the money the workers receive from you is the money they live off of! A manicure without a pedicure can range anywhere from 8-12 dollars and a pedicure can range anywhere from 12-15 dollars depending on where you go. They also offer spa pedicures and different interesting things like that most nail salons! If you don't feel like spending the money, you could always try these designs at home! I love doing my own nails, especially because I get bored of colors easily. I always try to get manicure every 2-3 weeks just to get my cuticles cut, nails filed.. Etc.. Because I can paint my nails perfect but I can not do all of the services that get done in a salon!

Before I end the blog I would like to wish a happy birthday to one of my really good friends, Jeff



He turned the big 2-0! Happy birthday, love ya! 


I hope you enjoyed today's blog and thank you for stopping by! If you try out one of these manicures of would like to share one of your own, you can email pictures and a description to briannaonabudget@gmail.com and I will include them in a future post! 

No comments: