Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Transition Trends From Summer to Fall!

One of my favorite things to do during my downtime is create sets on Polyvore! Polyvore is an app (based off of Polyvore.com) that is loaded with merchandise that allows you to create different "sets." They have a bunch of categories that you get to choose from and you select which items you like and they get put on a blank canvas; then you get to arrange it however you want. Sometimes I sit there for hours and scroll through the many many pages of items and find current trends that I'm into at the moment and create my own mini scene. I'm really into it and I want you to check out a few Polyvore "sets" that I have created revolving around some trends that I am gushing over! The trends listed below are ones that can be worn during summer and throughout fall, allowing you to easily transition your wardrobe from season to season. Check them out!


poly1

This fall is going to revolve around pastels! They're very flattering and versatile. They're perfect for the transition from the summer season into fall. I paired the pastel color-blocked dress with some mesh heels and a tan cross-body bag; very simple yet it still makes a statement! I also chose to go with neutral make up colors to give the colors in the dress more room to pop!

Looking to shop for some pastels?

 Forever 21 "High Waist Ankle Pants" - originally $17.80 ON SALE $11.99

Forever 21 "Cutout Chiffon Shirt" - originally $19.80 ON SALE $15.90


 Forever 21 "Faux Leather Peplum Jacket" - originally $27.80 ON SALE $25.99 

poly2
From pretty pastels to dark and grunge! Another trend prediction for fall is cut off flannels! I feel like they're going to be HUGE. A cutoff flannel won't be as hot as you would be in a long sleeve flannel but they also warm you up more than a tank top. Don't forget to pair the outfit with your favorite pair of Toms! And of course, you could never go wrong with a cross-body bag, a bowler hat, some electronics and your favorite pair of circle sunglasses!

 Looking to shop for some items like the ones above?


Forever 21 "Self-Tie Plaid Shirt" - originally $14.80 ON SALE $9.99

Forever 21 "Sleeveless Plaid Shirt" - $14.80

Forever 21 "F3328 Round Sunglasses" - $5.80

poly3
The upcoming trend portrayed in this Polyvore set is POPS OF COLOR! Just because summer is ending doesn't mean that neon can't stick around for a little while longer. I love the neon paired with basic neutral colors; it allows you to stand out without over-doing it. And isn't this background just adorable? Fall is the time where basic shades are really accentuated; which is why I love the neon, it's a new spin on an old trick!

Looking for some pops of color?

Forever 21 "Cool-Girl Colorblocked Crossbody" - $24.80

Forever 21 "Two-Tone Scarf" - $7.80

Forever 21 "Neon Pop Maxi Dress" - $27.80


Unfortunately you will not see any of the sets above on my Polyvore account because I had to make them on my work computer in order to get a screen shot of them. I have many other great sets, though! If you already have a Polyvore or if you plan on making one, you can follow me (briannaonabudget) and I would love to look at some of your sets! 


In other news, I got a new CAMERA! Thanks to my, wonderful, boyfriend Cody. Starting (most likely) this Sunday I will be posting video blogs each week! It's something that I've wanted to do for a while and definitely something I'm looking forward to. So, keep an eye out for tomorrow's blog post as well as an upcoming VIDDDEOO!


PS (to those who watch Pretty Little Liars) - I'm looking forward to tonight's episode! Who do you think pushed Jenna into the lake?


What're some things you'd like to see me talk about/do during my videos? Comment below to share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love The Cool-Girl Colorblocked Crossbody Bag! I Am Going To Order It! Awesome Post!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! I was wondering if you could do a post about what to bring to college/general college advice for incoming freshmen? Thanks!